... Brisbane residents are sweating through the hottest day of the summer, with the heat making a scorching return to the city after a colder than average December. North Burleigh. Forecast Icon Min 14 °C Max 28 °C Precis Partly cloudy. Floods loom as Queensland coast cops drenching, computer generated rainfall forecast models, Brisbane urged to cut energy use as temperatures soar, Northwesterly winds bring high temperatures to southeast Queensland this week and gives a sweltering start to January, Brisbane swelters all night as heat hits us between the sheets, Hottest day in two years to kick off three days of summer swelter, Warm weather and Games turn up the heat on apartment sales, Rain to offer sweet relief as heat rises across Queensland, Get ready for a weekend scorcher as temperature rise in southeast Queensland, More extreme weather on Australia's radar, La Nina whips unseasonal weather into a wet frenzy, 2011 weather report card 3rd wettest on record, Tides for Friday 14 December and Saturday 15 December 2012. THE Bureau of Meteorology has cancelled a severe thunderstorm warning for southeast Queensland tonight after 29,500 homes were left without power when more than 22,000 lightning strikes hit the southeast between 7pm and 11pm. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Rain creates havoc at an intersection on Mount Tamborine. Don’t wade or drive into remnant flood waters. (More Info), This time is corrected for local time zones and where possible for daylight saving times. UPDATE at 4:10 PM | THE Bureau of Meteorology has cancelled its detailed severe thunderstorm warning for the Gold Coast. Weatherzone offers a range of free weather products that you can easily incorporate into your website. After a 15-day reprieve Mother Nature has turned on the taps again, dropping the most rain in a 24-hour period since February last year. Jaydan joined the Hot Tomato Broadcasting Company in 2013 and has been keeping the Gold Coast up to date with the latest local, national and international news online at myGC.com.au ever since. Parts of the southeast coast are expected to receive heavy rainfalls over the next 24-48 hours, with areas of the southern Capricornia and. IT'S beginning to feel a lot like summer with the classic cycle of humidity and relieving showers expected in coming days. The surface trough is forecast to move along the southeast Coast on Sunday as a southerly change and leave behind cooler temperatures. Expect 0.00 In of precipitation over the past 3 hours. Abnormally high tides and powerful surf are forecasted to affect exposed coastal areas between Sandy Cape and Point Danger in the next few days due to a deepening trough remaining offshore over the southern Coral Sea. The cell was the fourth to hit the Gold Coast today. Expect 0.12 In of precipitation over the past 3 hours. The chance of a thunderstorm about the hinterland in the afternoon. Sun protection recommended from 7:40 am to 3:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 10 [Very High]. Increase web traffic and loyalty with dynamic weather content, Information supplied by Weatherzone based on data from the Bureau of Meteorology, Thunderstorm asthma strikes early in Riverina, emergency department on alert, Days of rain and storms in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra. The situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.2 mm Chance of any rain: Expect 0.04 In of precipitation over the past 3 hours.

The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a medium-to-high chance of gusty storms along the southeast coast this afternoon and evening.
Sun protection recommended from 7:50 am to 3:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 10 [Very High].

The next routine forecast will be issued at Forecasts for major centres and regional areas around Australia. Medium (50%) chance of showers.