– Tessa Smith, Mama’s Geeky, This version of Mulan has a lot more to say, and what unfolds is an inspiring, uplifting tale of a young girl who [shows] that a woman is every bit as mighty as a man. Weird But True “Photography”, Coop & Cami Ask the World: Season 2 She sticks to who she is and keeps her family values strong. Mulan, as a character, is a wonderful role model for young girls and boys, too. But with multiple critics claiming that Mulan is the best live-action remake from Disney in years, it’s a safe bet to expect it to earn a fresh Rotten Tomatoes score overall. The action is so cartoonish that a bit of humor would’ve gone a long way. Soy Luna: Seasons 2 and 3
It's trying to have its cake and eat it too, didn't quite stick the landing. There are lots of little moments that nods to the animated that’ll make the fans happy. It's an empowering action spectacle that, although it stumbles out of the gate, is held aloft by its progressive depiction of life in the barracks... Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! The live-action Mulan remake has many promising parts, but fails to bring them together in a satisfying way. The much-awaited live-action adaptation of Disney’s “Mulan” is finally out, receiving a “fresh” 78% rating on the review aggregation website for films and television, Rotten Tomatoes. When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father.
Another Disney animated feature has been reimagined in live-action form: Mulan revisits the studio’s 1998 version of a Chinese legend about a young woman posing as a young man in order to join her nation’s war against invaders. Well, the critics have has their say and that means we have a Rotten Tomatoes score for Mulan.With 149 published reviews, the film sits at 81%. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. And some of what it’s doing works quite well. Ancient China from Above: Season 1 Além disso, também tivemos reclamações às ausências de alguns elementos da clássica animação, algo que poderia ter enriquecido a experiência em live-action.
But the audience score tells a different story. Caso seja feita uma análise, podemos notar que a maioria questionou as decisões da diretora Niki Caro, especialmente nas cenas de ação, onde estaria faltando um possível “polimento” nos efeitos visuais. Wild Central America: Season 1 – Kaitlyn Booth, Bleeding Cool, Her tenuous physical and psychological struggles to assert her independence from a maniacal tyrant are far more fascinating than seeing the protagonist who’s already an agile fighter attain her deserved respect.
– Christopher Lloyd, The Film Yap, Mulan is never not a delight for the eyes — it wouldn’t even occur to the film to stop stunning. General audiences are surely going to miss the classic songs as well. – Radheyan Simonpillai, NOW Toronto, Most disappointing is what little material is given to Gong, whose talon-fingered, fish scale-skirted, rib-crowned Xian Long would be a cult Halloween costume any other year. However, not all media and critics who screened the film were as enthusiastic. Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner-strength and embrace her true potential. ), Characters recite entire lyrics in scenes from which songs have been removed. – Rob Hunter, Film School Rejects, The wuxia-inspired action sequences are unlike anything we’ve seen in other Disney blockbusters, and add a touch of unpredictability to an otherwise staid picture. At $200 million, it’s also Disney’s most expensive remake to date. – Christie Cronan, Raising Whasians, None of the few comedic beats work. All rights reserved.
It's truly the best of both worlds and I'm just disappointed I can't see it in theaters.".
The fight scenes were great, and it's entertaining...with some tone issues. Very beautiful & epic cinematography. ... 2020. Copyright © Fandango. Charlie Ridgley wrote, "There's an undeniable soul to Mulan that is as rooted in Chinese culture and folklore as it is in the animated movie we've all come to love. Costumes & fighting/stunts were incredible, sexual chemistry eat your heart out, and our buddy @jfwong CRUSHED IT as Ling!!
", ComicBook.com rated Mulan 4 out of 5 in its review, calling it the best of Disney's live-action remakes. Find out what else the family-friendly streaming service offers in the month, starting with our top picks. This is a huge blow to the Asian community. If you're a fan of the animated, there are subtle nods to many of the songs. Anything above 75 percent should be considered a win. – Rendy Jones, Rendy Reviews, Mulan is serious verging on dour, so bent on presenting itself as a serious war drama that its rare moments of comedy feel almost awkwardly slotted in. Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998) 91% The film is drab, leaden and self-important.
Trick or Treat What are critics saying about Mulan? Copyright 2018 ComicBook.com.
– Courtney Howard, Fresh Fiction, Liu has enough charisma for a lead performance, but the script gives her no depth and no meaningful relationships to work with. No Rotten Tomatoes, a aprovação aparece em apenas 56% após quase 5 mil avaliações. and the Terms and Policies, Some of these have been varying levels of enjoyable while others have been downright laughable.
– Josh Wilding, ComicBookMovie.com, With a female director at the helm, Mulan is more socially relevant than your average family film… the film manages to demonstrate the wide reach of societal sexism.
@DisneysMulan was everything I hoped it would be and more! Here’s everything you need to know about the move.
It had more fantastical elements than I expected.
[Full review in Spanish], If you're a fan of the original 1998 animated film, you're going to love this live action adaptation!
– Adriana Gomez-Weston, The Cinema Soloist, Is it a coincidence that her character is the only person in the movie who bleeds, showing signs of life? To read our full stories, please turn off your ad blocker.We'd really appreciate it. While those lines might sound natural when sung, they’re clunky when spoken.
1. Skip if you can. Liu Yifei is .
It’s the rest of it that doesn’t fit. Thanks @DolbyCinema for inviting me. Other projects hitting the streaming service include alien-hosted late-night talk show Earth to Ned and the Disney Channel Original Movie Secret Society of Second-Born Royals.
– Angie Han, Mashable, Humor was such an intricate part of the animated movie… but there was not one moment where I laughed in this film. – Tessa Smith, Mama’s Geeky, You may find that smaller children have less patience for this version, but adults will respond with more enthusiasm than the original. One Day at Disney “Dr.
- September 6, 2020 11:53 am EDT. – Kate Erbland, IndieWire, Some of the early wire-work seems a bit janky, but like Mulan herself, it finds its footing in battle and thrilling action set-pieces. According to review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, critics are enjoying the new Mulan. The film's earned a 79% "certified fresh" rating on the site, with a critical consensus that reads, "It could have told its classic story with greater depth, but the live-action Mulan is a visual marvel that serves as a stirring update to its animated predecessor."
Oil Spill of the Century – Hoai-Tran Bui, Slashfilm, Mulan is a film bolstered by a series of jaw-dropping, wuxia-inflected fighting sequences that are genuinely thrilling… a true action epic.
Director Niki Caro & star Liu Yifei are the big stand-outs, imo pic.twitter.com/p6IEQUDNBu. – Adriana Gomez-Weston, The Cinema Soloist, The filmmakers utilize stunning exterior locations and fill them with grand battles and expertly staged fight sequences, turning to CGI as tasteful embellishments rather than relying on them. Ouch. – Angie Han, Mashable, If we continue to get a more diverse representation of women and people of color in our blockbusters, then I’m sure Hollywood’s future will be in good hands. – Rendy Jones, Rendy Reviews, Liu Yifei is superb as Mulan… it’s now impossible to imagine anyone else managing to do better with this role.
UPDATE 8/5/20: Disney has announced that Mulan will be made available on Disney+ for $29.99 starting September 4.
Copyright © 2018 Fandango.